Friday, July 21, 2017

I had a nice encounter with a couple of LEO's tonight. Wasn't crazy about how it was handled though. Any advice?


I took a road trip to pick up a CZ P-07 after work today because I couldn't find one close by. On my way back, I got pulled over by the po-po.I was jamming out to some classic rock radio station and was oblivious until I saw the lights and pulled over.Officer came to my window and asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I said I have no clue but I feel obligated to let you know I have a CCW license and a couple of pistols in my vehicle, one of them is loaded.Officer asked me where it was, I told him, he had me step out then retrieved my weapon (appendix carry not so comfy on road trips so I had my PCR in it's holster between my seat and the center console.)He took my weapon to his vehicle while he ran my info. A couple minutes later he came by and basically said "Your middle brake light is out, the one under your rear windshield. I'm just giving you a warning about it and I appreciate your honesty letting me know about your firearm."Then he handed me back my pistol outside of it's holster, locked open, and gave me the mag and +1.He was very cool and nice about the whole thing, but I would have preferred that my gun stay in it's holster at least.I'm not complaining. I have a lot of respect for police and was very impressed by these two officers. I'm just curious if there's anything I could say that wouldn't come off the wrong way that would lead to my gun remaining in it's holster close by?Who knows if a cop turns out to be bubba and shoots himself in the foot while trying to unload your gun you know? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uS9RQr

No comments:

Post a Comment