Monday, July 24, 2017

Cross country road trip for move. Ok to transport all firearms if my CHL is valid?


You guys might've seen my post about moving to Cali a few days ago. Now I need to figure out how to get my firearms there.  I'm taking the southern route and want to make a couple stops to do some tourist things but am concerned about the legality of me having my firearms in the car while stopping. Every state that I am driving through/plan to stop in recognizes my CHL, however my passenger doesn't have a CHL. I plan on keeping the firearms unloaded, in a crate that is nailed shut under my trunk where the spare tire is (minus my carry firearm). Half of the stops I'll be making will be to visit relatives so I can just store the firearms in their home while I'm there but I am concerned about the cities where I just want to visit. I have seen other posts about when transporting firearms you should go straight to the destination and make as little stops as possible, but I am curious if having a CHL makes it ok to have them in the car while I go sight seeing. Thanks in advance!edit: I realize I"ll have to disarm before crossing into Cali via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uRzhN0

No comments:

Post a Comment