Saturday, April 29, 2017

Stood my ground. Charged with A Felony


I'll try keep this story short and only include the important details.. but alot of the smaller parts are very important ... This happened a few years ago. YES I agree I should have handled it differently. But it DID happen..And my criminal charge has been pending in court of grand jury since...I was driving on my way to work. One lane country road and I was behind one gold Monte Carlo. I was behind the guy for only a few seconds before I could see him throwing his hands in what looked like he was arguing with his passenger. She also seemed to be throwing hands n the air. As if they were going back in forth with each other. he also swerved a bit here n there... I paid it no mind at first... After being behind him for a bit... He started to break check me.. (slamming on his breaks in the middle of the road way..) and then goin slow for a moment.. then he would speed up and slam on his breaks again . .. All the while I could see what I assume was him cursing me n his rearview mirror... . Still I jus tried to keep my distance. As much as I possibly could while being forced to follow him at five or ten miles an hour in a 35-45 mph zone... This went on for a while until we finally got to a main two lane road.. which we both make a right turn and continue on. I attempt to go around him n the right lane after we both have pulled onto the two lane highway.. after I switch lanes and start around he jumps back over Infront of me... nearly making me rear end him..I try this again back in the left lane and he acts as if he is goin to side swipe me with his car.. jerking the wheel and comin into my lane slightly... we go down the road a bit neck and neck.. with him keeping my pace beside me.. so I couldn't pass him. All the while doing this I could see him giving me the bird and still cursing and such...Eventually we ended beside each other. . At a redlight.... He already had his window down at this point to curse me before so I could see him making the gestures from earlier during our little race... Anyways I'm at the redlight n he's n the lane to the right of me ..Still.. he hangs out his window. Cursing me.. telling me to pull over.. yelling whatever threats at the top of his lungs... So I rolled my window down.. picked up the pistol I had laying n the seat next to me... Still in a holster.. also. And quickly held it n the air... Not aimed at him. Just to let it be known I was armed.. and I didn't wish to pull over and engage... As soon as I had time to do this and drop the gun... the light went green I made a left that I didn't need to make to get further from the situation... Apparently he called the police on me after we went separate ways at the light. Because I arrived at work and pulled into the parking lot. Which immediately was surrounded by multiple police with guns drawn screaming for me to get out of my car and lay face down. Spent a few hours n jail. Before bonding out.Admittedly..Not the best way to handle the situation. Trust that I wish I could take it back... But who knows if it would have escalated or what would have happened if I hadn't? Though in the heat of the moment .. after trying my best to escape it altogether first ... From being threatened both with his vehicle and verbally I did what I could to dissolve the moment.. Went to court three times and he was a no show until the third trial Where he testified against me and nearly cried saying I scared him to death..(which honestly was my intention). He forgot to include any of the story up until that part... Have been awaiting a summons or indictment on it since that last court date.. was supposed to get word of that the following January. Which was about four years ago. Lost my carry permit . Of course. And two handguns I had in my vehicle. . . Spoke to a lawyer this year who is pushing for dismissal the charge of aggravated assault.. or lowering the charge to brandishing a firearm.. Does anyone else think this was considered self defense? Again .... If I could take back that few seconds of my hand being on that gun .I would. Because it probably ruined my life. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qpjpw0

No comments:

Post a Comment