Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Possible Situation Avoided


Hello everyone. This happened a couple weeks ago, but I've been thinking about it again recently. Decided to put it down and see what you all think and would have done.Preface/BackgroundI had just finished a morning at the range with my gf and 2 other military couples, and were heading to lunch. I was driving and carrying at 3 O'clock, so it was semi obstructed by the seatbelt.ScenarioDriving down the road in my gf's Chevy Cruze. Not driving aggressivly, speeding, just driving along. Lifted F150 started tailgating us, swerving back and forth, trying to get around me, but there was traffic and I couldn't move over to just let him through. Needed to make a left turn, signaled and started changing lanes, with the F150 still tailgating me. He needed to turn as well, he speeds up and tries to get around me, but gets stuck again (double left turn lane). He makes it to the lane over from me and is sitting at my 11 O'Clock. I give the universal "What are you doing" hand wave. He turns in his seat and starts yelling back at me, then starts to get out of his truck. Luckily, the lights turned green, he gets back in, and speeds away. Situation avoided.Now the entire time I'm watching him yell, I'm thinking, "Please don't get out, Please don't get out, Please don't get out". He gets out and I just think "Shit".So, my question to you all, if it had continued to escalate, what would you do? There was traffic, so driving off was difficult. I know i would have taken off the seatbelt, to have clear access to my CCW in case it got that far. But is staying in the vehicle really the best option? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nHjsBO

No comments:

Post a Comment