Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Indiana vs Kentucky (or other states)


So...if you check the maps on the most prominent CCW sites, Most states have reciprocity with Indiana.The odd thing is that Indiana doesn't actually say "concealed" on their cards. It's simply a permit to carry a handgun. Indiana law is silent on open vs carry, so the card allows you to do both.I've already spoken with:1) The Indiana State Police 2) The Kentucky State Police 3) The Jefferson County, Kentucky County Attorney's OfficeEveryone has said that they're reciprocal, and finally at #3 above, I got someone who said that "concealed" does not have to be on the card verbatim.Anyone have any personal experience with CCW on an Indiana permit in Kentucky and whether it was an issue or not? I've done pretty much more due diligence than most people would bother with. I thought the guy at the KSP was getting really frustrated, because I wanted a very clear answer. He's the one who referred me to the state attorney, which referred me to the county attorney.It seems to check out. I'm just curious if anyone's had issues because of the way Indiana does CCW permits as no different than open carry permits.Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2mJKKXm

No comments:

Post a Comment