Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Deep Concealment (revisited)


This archived post came up in a search, and I found it interesting. The OP was looking for zero chance of detection in an everyday office environment, and had a lot of concerns which I share. In my case, it would be the difference between carrying and not carrying (which has been my solution for most of the past 10 years, in spite of having a valid CPL) at work.I'm bringing it up to share what I have learned over the past couple of weeks of giving it a real try:I find it easier to carry in middle age than I did when I was younger - I'm less worried about most things in life, including whether or not my gun is printing.Thunderwear-style holsters are invisible on my somewhat stout body shape with loose-ish jeans and an un-tucked shirt. (Software nerds are expected to dress very casually, even us consultant types.) This and the previous point mean that you shouldn't stop trying to find a good solution, but be patient and give each one some time.A J-frame is actually more comfortable for me to carry than a P32. I'm surprised as well, but it's true for me. Another poster( neverEverEverPost )commented about it having an organic shape that is just more comfortable to conceal than most guns. I really think he was on to something.Pocket carry only works for me in a coat pocket. It's just too bulky, and the concerns in the above link are valid to me: People you see every day will notice if you have a bulge in a pocket and you never pull something out of it. Certainly nosy, bright, observant people will, and that describes many of my co-workers.I still have some hope in an IWB solution, but probably not at the office.Has anyone else found a good deep concealment solution? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nD3Y1A

No comments:

Post a Comment