Friday, September 9, 2016

So I had an accidental discharge tonight....


Here's how it happened. We were outside and one of my friends kept wanting to see how the new night sights looked in the dark on my Ruger SR9C. I took the gun out and showed him. Probably my first mistake, I usually never remove it until I get home. When I went to reholster it the gun discharged. Two things happened to cause this. First, the safety was on this morning when I first checked and holstered it. Sometime during the day while working it must have clicked off. Second, while holstering it my shirt had gotten caught on the trigger. When I pushed the gun into the holster it fired off. Luckily the bullet had just grazed my ass without leaving a mark and hit the pavement. My pants have a nice hole in them now. The slide had caught the top part of the Alien Gear holster backing and tore it a little bit. Never thought it would happen to me but it did. I don't think I'll trust the safety much on the SR9C anymore. That trigger is pretty touchy. Maybe I'll go back to carrying my revolvers with heavy triggers. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cBnSW5

No comments:

Post a Comment