Monday, September 5, 2016

My parents' vehicle was broken into, I'm looking for suggestions on ways they can defend themselves.


First off - sorry if I break any rules with this post, I love this community and I trust all of your opinions so I wanted to start here.Someone broke into my Dad's truck last night, rifled through the glove compartment and stole a pack of cigarettes. Although this is a minor incident, the town where they live where I grew up has gotten pretty bad over the years and I want my parents to be safe from anything potentially more serious than a vehicle break-in.So, getting to the point, I'm a firearm owner, but my parents are not. My dad is unable to own a firearm due to criminal history and mental health (he's been stable and medicated for years for bipolar). My mother should be able to obtain a firearm, with my concern being safe storage in the event that my dad ever became suicidal or violent (pretty unlikely, but nothing is impossible). Furthermore, growing up my mother was anti-gun, even against BB guns. I'm not sure she would want to have a gun in the house regardless of my dad's mental health history. But I think after this she may be open to the idea under the right circumstances.So basically my parents are sitting ducks with only their good intentions to protect them. I'd love to hear any ideas for firearms or preferably non-lethal means of self defense I could suggest or even buy for them. A firearm would be possible but I'd have to sell my family on the safe ways to own and store one. Pepper spray sounds like a decent option to start, but do you guys have any other suggestions for home and self defense? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cCpyDs

No comments:

Post a Comment