Monday, September 5, 2016

First LE encounter with CCW. Positive interaction.


My girlfriend and I were taking a trip to OBX in North Carolina when I got pulled for having expired tags. I had my G30s in between the center console and the drivers seat next to my thigh but low enough that the officer couldn't see it from the window. When he approached me I had my license and VA CHP already out with both hands on the wheel palms up. When I handed the cards to the officer he asked me where the weapon was at so I told him. Without missing a beat he asked me "to please keep it there for the duration of the time he was around us but then I was free to do what I pleased with it once he had driven off." He was very friendly and alerted us to what we already knew the problem was. She had ordered the tags online two weeks ago but we still hadn't received them yet. She showed him the confirmation email that we had paid for the tags and he gave us a written warning to show to any other officers if we got pulled over again for the same offense. He wished us a good vacation and said he was happy we came down. Overall, I'm very happy with the encounter. He was polite and respectful to me just like I was to him.TLDR: Give respect to get respect. Hands where the officer can see them at all times. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cacS69

No comments:

Post a Comment