Thursday, August 22, 2019

RMR for AIWB Carry?


I have carried a few guns over the years, starting with a Colt Defender in .45 and eventually leading to a 9mm Shield. I've always carried AIWB and I still think that's right for me.​Recently, I got the bug to "upgrade" my CCW, with my goal being something "nicer" than the Shield and something that would hold a few more rounds. I ended up buying a VP9SK with a Lobos trigger and some other upgrades and a VP9 LE as a full-size range gun/trainer. I was just starting to run some rounds through the VP9SK to vet it for carry duty when I /accidentally/ ordered a 9mm can and then bought a VP9T with similar mods to the VP9SK as an eventual host. The VP9T is milled for an RMR, so I bought a Type 2 RM07 because I'd never tried a pistol optic before. I took it to the range and I absolutely can't believe the difference! I can get on target just as quickly (or even faster) than with irons but then I can shoot way tighter groups and follow-up shots are much quicker. The RMR makes me a way better shooter, almost to the point of feeling like I'm cheating.​All of that leads me to think that if I shoot better with it that I should have one on my carry gun too. I'm contemplating shipping the VP9SK slide off for an RMR cut but the two things holding me back are the cost (Another kilobuck by the time I get the slide milled, buy the RMR and sealing plate, and get the taller sights to co-witness with the RMR and make the dot easier to pick up) and more importantly what it would be like to carry.​So, I'm already a little nervous about going from a subcompact Shield to a "compact plus" sized VP9SK. Will adding an RMR change the way it carries AIWB? Does anybody with an RMR that carries that way have a hard time concealing their firearm under a t-shirt or fitted polo? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3207Vlt

No comments:

Post a Comment