Saturday, August 24, 2019

Looking for some suggestions about carry with manual labor jobs/etc


Hey all - I want to start down the path of CCW now, as I feel confident with my pistol that if needed I would be able to use it appropriately (obviously training never ends!) but I am looking for some thoughts about carrying in my daily life -The reason I am unsure is because while I understand the gun is not just going to magically fire itself, I am a small business owner, and work with a lot of wooden dowel rods, often carrying handfuls of them around against my body, etc... perfectly finger shaped and of similar diameter - though having a kydex holster would alleviate the ability for a dowel to slip into the trigger guard, it just makes me uneasy if I were to carry appendix, which would be my preference.My other issue is that since I own my business and we are quite small, often if a machine or forklift/etc goes down, I am laying underneath it, on top of it, etc., etc., to get the thing fixed. It just seems like laying on the ground wrenching my arm up into a machine is not very conducive to carrying.I guess I'm just looking for people's thoughts about carrying in positions where one is partaking in manual labor, or finding themselves in a lot of potentially difficult situations, because all of the variables make me uneasy a bit. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/325HlHl

No comments:

Post a Comment