Saturday, August 24, 2019

Unarmed in downtown New Orleans.


So this specific scenario is extremely touchy for me. Basically here is the deal, I have been in New Orleans for 1 night and 1 day now, my wife, her dad, and his friends are here to celebrate and visit and while we have been exploring downtown I have been carrying. Now here is where it gets tricky, tonight we are planning on hitting up some cool spots off a popular street, a part where it is quieter but also a bit more secluded. I am not going to be carrying due to the fact that we will be spending most of our time in bars or establishments where I am not legally able or protected in the carrying of a concealed firearm. I am a but nervous, I don't quite want to be unarmed but I am mostly compromising with my wife in that she really wants me to be with her and family while they are here. I would otherwise avoid this area all together had it been up to me but the obvious consensus of the group is to go and check these places out. If given a scenario where I am confronted with having to defend myself or that of my wife I am quite frightened by the fact that I will be unarmed and mostly out of my usual niche. Any ideas, suggestions, good rules of thumb would be much appreciated. I would love to carry but I just cant imagine the risk I would be taking if I had to for some reason use my weapon and then have to justify why I had it in an area where it is absolutely forbidden. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Nu9OCN

No comments:

Post a Comment