Saturday, August 31, 2019

Grappling

Hi, I am currently boxing (have been boxing for a few years) and feel my stand up game is at a decent level, but I am looking to take up a grappling art. I am not looking to compete, primarily for fitness, self defense, and pure appreciation of martial arts in general. I’d love to do Muay Thai but unfortunately there are no gyms in my area, just boxing, wresting, and BJJ.

Since I am already boxing, which would be most ideal for me to learn alongside it: BJJ or wrestling? Also speaking in terms of providing skills and assets to defend myself or my loved ones (obviously apart from talking them down or running). BJJ provides ground game to end a fight but seems dangerous unless it’s a guaranteed one on one. Wrestling provides great takedown ability/defense and one good slam could definitely end a fight. Both provide great cardio and overall fitness.

Any ideas or pointers on which route I should go? I’d still box to keep my hands sharp, but primarily focus on one of the grapple arts.



Submitted August 31, 2019 at 08:41AM by wickdpt https://ift.tt/2HAF53l

No comments:

Post a Comment