Thursday, August 29, 2019

Which Glock Glocks Your Glock? (Advice on Glock for Carry)


First post here, so I hope I don't get anything wrong, so here we go:I am 5' 9", 180lbs, pretty decent shape. I have been carrying for about five years. Generally I have always carried smaller single stack guns, and I am looking into carrying a Glock for reasons of grip angle/natural point of aim based on training (I use a glock 17 for local matches) as well as the aftermarket support for magazines, etc, etc. I am looking at current line up of 43, 43x, 48. I decided against the 19, since I do find the single stack guns a lot more comfortable.Concern 1) Will the extra grip length be an issue if I already have some issues with grip extensions? I carry appendix with a simple kydex single clip holster, and while not impossible, it is much more difficult for me to conceal w/out printing with a grip extension. I have been told a holster with a claw will greatly remedy printing with longer grips. I understand some of it comes down to a wardrobe thing, being former military I do have a hard time letting go of some clothing fitment preferences.Concern 2) Will longer barrel be issue for long term wear/comfort? Having never carried a 19 length bbl pistol, has anyone (who may be comparable to my size) had any issues with a 4 in bbl in appendix carry in terms of pokey-poking into your leg/wobbly bits?Lastly, anything you guys think I am overlooking? Any feedback would be appreciated.tl;dr concerns about various size issues of 48/43x vs plan 'ol 43, thoughts?EDIT: tl;dr and formatting via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PopFFH

No comments:

Post a Comment