Monday, August 26, 2019

Discussion on Not Being Able to Carry at 18


To start off with, I am a 19 year old female living in Florida. I am relatively new to guns and was never raised with them, but have always respected and planned on owning eventually. As I am in Florida, I can not purchase my own firearm (not even a shotgun/rifle) until I am 21+ due to new laws enacted by (now Senator) Rick Scott. I have to have them “gifted” to me until then. I can work with that, even though it’s annoying.What I have a big problem with is the fact that I can not carry until I am 21. Yes, this is normal and common as a law, but I need to rant about this law somewhere and figure that this is the best place for it. I don’t understand how young college students are not able to carry. Isn’t it an incredibly vulnerable time for young 17/18 year old girls to be moving out for the first time, often to bad neighborhoods (college budgets)? I understand that a certain level of maturity is required when obtaining a license to carry, but if someone is able to obtain that license by all legal means required, shouldn’t they be able to? I am so excited to turn 21, not so that I can drink, but so that I can defend myself and not have to walk around with a man (who is naturally built to protect) in order to feel safe. I don’t believe that it’s right for me to have to feel unsafe until I turn 21, but I know that gun laws are only getting stricter. How do you all feel about this? I’d love to discuss. I also apologize for any errs, I am on mobile. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2U3kvxw

No comments:

Post a Comment