Thursday, August 29, 2019

Risks vs Benefits of CCW?


Assuming I am an average person with average mental health and live in an average crime rate (across the US) neighborhood, what scenario do you think has a higher chance of happening?Scenario 1: I use the gun for self-defense and succeed in saving my life and not shooting any innocent bystanders.Scenario 2: Something bad happens such as: I have an accidental shooting and hurt myself/others. Or I use the gun to kill myself in a depressive suicidal bout. Or I use the gun in an angry rage and murder someone. Or other people accidentally shooting my gun (such as children). Or someone takes the gun from me and shoots me with it. Or I try to use it for self-defense but I miss and shoot an innocent bystander.I am not anti-gun whatsoever. I love guns and am a huge 2A supporter. But I have some family members who feel that the risks of owning a gun outweigh the possible benefits. I put together some hypotheticals that they threw at me. I understand this is the CCW subreddit so it obviously is going to be biased but I would like to hear your take on it. Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2HNwj27

No comments:

Post a Comment