Thursday, August 1, 2019

Question about manual safeties


Hello all! I just ordered an M&P Shield for my first concealed carry handgun. Only I realized that after I ordered it, it was the model with the manual safety (which, if I'm correct, is the more common model).My question is this: should I keep this one, or cancel and get the one with no safety? I'm a first-time carrier so I don't know how confident I feel carrying with one in the chamber with no safety (even though this is definitely the best way to do it). I know that modern striker fired pistols are amazingly safe with no manual safety, but it's a more knee-jerk reaction of sorts or something, and I feel like possibly that the safety would help me to feel more comfortable. I'm also in and out of classes/activities all day, so there will be lots of moving around, and potentially unloading of the gun at points.Anyways. Based off of this information, what would be the best course of action? Through research and talking with people (including my father and friends) I'm getting very conflicting opinions, and what i previously thought I was sure about I am now very torn on. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GKxQFA

No comments:

Post a Comment