Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Thoughts on RDS on CCW (Especially for new shooters)


I have a Canik TP9SFX with a vortex red dot that I have let several of my friends shoot. The thing that amazes me is how well shooters with little or no experience can do when shooting a handgun with a RDS. The difference in accuracy and speed for these newer shooters is night and day and usually their first question is "Where do I get one of these??"​Now personally I am switching to an RMR on my EDC, and since I'm already confident in my skills point shooting/iron sights I'm not worried about it breaking when I need it.​These friends want to go straight to an RDS and possibly carry it without ever training with irons. On one hand, I feel like they should train with irons first then move to a RDS. On the other hand, I feel like an RMR is reliable enough that it would be worth the immediate improvement they are going to see that could be the difference in a self defense scenario.​Another big factor of this is that these friends aren't probably going to spend the time training that they really should to really get good with iron sights. Would love to hear opinions on both side cause I'm torn. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FP0dSn

No comments:

Post a Comment