Monday, July 29, 2019

Not sure how to answer Guilford County medical questionnaire.


So I’m going in next week to submit my CCW packet and get fingerprinted. There is a question on the medical questionnaire that I don’t know how to answer. It states: Do you have any mental or psychical condition, OR do you take any medication that would make you unable to safely handle a firearm? (Has side effect, dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, reduced mental acuity, or reduced motor skills) then it asks you to list the medications. I take meds for blood pressure and Xanax for occasional anxiety, I believe both of those medications have side effects listed.My problem is the way the question is worded, I feel that if you check yes then you are also stating that these medications prevent you from safely handling a firearm. So I’m not sure how to answer, I don’t experience any of the side effects listed but they are on the prescription bottles. And in this case, anyone who takes BP meds would be disqualified. Im sure they can get what meds I take from my Dr’s which I don’t have a problem with. I want to be honest but I don’t know how to answer this question. Any insight? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YnHU1l

No comments:

Post a Comment