Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Double Stack vs. Single Stack Concealment


I'm looking to get a gun that is as concealable as possible while still being a decent fighting handgun. The main reason I want a gun like this is I've been in two separate events where there was a mass shooting scare in a "gun free zone." Both were terrifying. After the second one happened, I decided needed to start thinking about carrying in some non-permissive environments. I would really like to be able to defend myself if such an event happens again.​Because I need to be able to conceal this gun but also fight at a range that might be greater than 7 yards, I think I need to strike a balance between concealability and shootability. The J frame and pocket pistol size guns just don't seem shootable enough for me right now. Recently, someone turned me on to the Glock 43X, S&W Shield, and SIG P365. Out of these, my favorite was definitely the Glock for its larger grip. At this point I've basically narrowed it down to the Glock 43X and SIG P365XL.​However, the Glock 43X is basically the same size as a double stack compact, except for being around .3-.4 inches thinner. How big of a difference does that make for concealment? I would carry a DA/SA with a polymer frame, but they are all double stack, so my only option seems to be striker-fired. Is there a significant difference between the P365 XL and Glock 43X "slimline" vs. double stack types of pistols in terms of concealment? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2y7oAGR

No comments:

Post a Comment