Thursday, July 25, 2019

Gas station encounter


I was fueling up the other day and had a run in with an aggressive 7/11 parking lot resident asking for change. The dude asked once and when I kept walking he started swearing loudly and saying things like “fuck you little bitch” and “yeah keep on walking pussy, see what I do”. At one point I heard his voice getting closer so I assume he filled me for at least 20 feet or so, and I just hurried back to my truck to get out of there. What bothered me most was how difficult it would have been to address the situation because I followed the rule of “never stop walking or confront them in any way”. I knew that being a CCW holder, the second I turned around or acknowledged him, I would be escalating a situation that I had knowingly brought a firearm into. If he then came at me with a knife and I had to defend myself, the situation would be a lot more complicated in court.My question for you guys is how could I have maintained awareness of his actions and plan a lethal or non-lethal countermeasure if I never engaged him or acknowledged his presence, as is the normal tactic for dealing with homeless people? My back was facing him the whole time via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JZMObu

No comments:

Post a Comment