Sunday, July 28, 2019

I witnessed a potential dangerous attack this morning while carrying my pistol on a scooter.


I will try to make this quick. I just finished a 48 hour shift and I am tired. I had rode my wife's scooter to work because I thought it would be fun.When I got about three blocks from work I saw a man chasing a lady with large metal pole down the off-ramp of the highway. He was swinging it above his head trying to hit the lady. The pole was about as wide as a bat and five feet long. He was very angry. There was a lot of shouting going on. The lady was screaming for help which was pretty loud as I heard her on the scooter and she was 100 feet away. I was about to get on the on-ramp.I felt pretty vulnerable in my flip flops on a scooter so I stopped about 70 feet away under the overpass. My pistol(P365) was in my satchel(you can't carry at work). It took me a few seconds to come up with what I could do on account of the lack of sleep. As luck would have it I happened to have my Scorpion under the seat of the scooter. I popped the seat open and pulled the Scorpion out.I don't know when the attacker noticed me. He was so focused on the girl he likely didn't see the scooter drive up on the sidewalk and stop. I tried to keep my distance. I figured if I was too close I wouldn't have time to draw a weapon from the bag and get off the scooter. One whack with that pole would of easily killed someone. He must of heard me slap that stock open. As soon as I did he looked up. He immediately dropped the pole and turned the other way to flee.I asked the lady if she wanted the police. She said no, she wanted someone to kick his ass, and briskly walked in the other direction of her attacker. Typical stuff you see in the inner city, especially amongst the homeless population. Someone on the verge death, screaming for help, and they don't even say thanks for preventing them from getting beaten to death.I thought about calling the police for a second since I drew out a gun. But, I never pointed it at anyone. The attacker went one way, the victim went the other, and I was going home.The incident just has me thinking what I would of done if I didn't have the Scorpion. I don't like my odds of someone running at me with a 5 foot long metal pole and trying to defend my self with a little pistol. I also don't like the idea of taking a shot at that distance with a little pistol if he was in close proximity to that woman. It would of been better if the pistol was more accessible but I was on the scooter. It is also surprising that this happened at 7am on a Sunday morning.I have one other thing I can't get out of my head. Imagine driving down the street on Sunday morning heading to church and you see some guy chasing a lady with a metal pole. Then, you see another guy 70 feet away on a scooter with flip flops pulling a sub gun out of scooter. It makes me almost laugh at the whole incident. The whole thing does show that having a gun sometimes is all it takes to keep someone from getting killed. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/30YHlbJ

No comments:

Post a Comment