Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I’m (17F) wanting to carry pepper spray, but my high school doesn’t permit it.

So for my senior year of high school, I’ll only be at my high school for one hour out of the day. Since my high school is public and laws and stuff, it’s illegal to have guns, knives, any type of weapons. I understand that. But sometimes at work, I’m leaving late and it’s dark and I have to walk to my car. I live in a safe town, but stuff still happens and I’m a young teenage girl.

I would feel safe having pepper spray on my key chain, and when I told my parents about this, they thought it wasn’t a good idea. If, for some reason, I got searched at school or my car got searched and they found pepper spray, I could get in serious trouble.

A while back, I bought Hot Shot bug killer spray with my boyfriend and it’s on the driver side door of my car. This helps if I’m in my car and I need it, but if I’m walking away from my car or to it, then I have nothing. I looked on amazon and tried to find pepper spray that didn’t look like pepper spray or some other type of thing like that.

I was just wondering what I should do or what I should buy. I took karate for 3 years and I grew up with an older brother, so I feel like I have pretty good self defense, in terms of fighting. Since I’m only at school for an hour (and I don’t do anything that would caused me to get searched) should I just keep a pepper spray on my key chain, or is there something better?



Submitted July 02, 2019 at 11:23AM by gk1014 https://ift.tt/2RS2j8X

No comments:

Post a Comment