Monday, April 2, 2018

Dangers of SA/DA Handguns vs Striker Fire


Hello all,This is a pre buy question I had for all of you SA/DA lovers out there.I am looking at buying the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact Pro 9mm very shortly. It's a great size, I loved how it felt in the hand, the trigger is amazing, every review I can find absolutely loves the gun.I'm sold on it entirely. All but one thing.I have my EDC is a striker fire Steyr, and I love it. It's also incredibly safe. I can throw it off a building, and the hammer won't engage.However, I am looking to get something for pocket carry, and while I know that my gun will be in its holster until I'm ready to shoot, I had a question about the hammer itself.How likely is it that the hammer of a gun will release on a SA/DA gun? From what I understand, they are pretty strong.If I carry my gun pocket carry and never hit the trigger, is it likely that throwing something like my phone in my pocket really hard would cause the hammer to engage?I would love some input on this, as it's the only hangup I have toward buying this gun.Thanks all! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2uJki9y

No comments:

Post a Comment