Saturday, April 28, 2018

Was denied purchase of a handgun this week.


Hello all, Some quick background: I'm a college student from Colorado who is going to school in Texas. The address on my license is that of my parents. I currently share a room with a buddy of mine whose name is on the lease and I pay him half rent. Anyway, I walked into Academy a couple days ago; I'd done my preparation, brought my school ID, driver's license and a printed copy of ATF rule 80-22 stating that a person who splits time between multiple states is a resident of the state in which they currently reside. Anyway the short version is that he told that they won't sell to me without a Texas ID and then continued to say that I cannot put an address down on the FTR that is not the same as my driver's license (ie. My address here in Waco) or it is a felony. Am I just out of luck till I return to CO? I'd like to purchase from academy as it will save me $60-80 also, I'd like to begin training with the firearm as soon as possible so I can be proficient enough that I feel I am responsible in carrying it. I'd prefer to be capable of protecting my loved ones sooner rather than later. Thanks as always,J Edit: made a typo it's 80-21 not 22. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Km9XEg

No comments:

Post a Comment