Sunday, April 29, 2018

AIWB Holster Modification


This is my first holster I had ever purchased for CCW. I've been carrying for a little over a year now and I had made some modifications. My holster originally came with one wide clip across the slide. I've since ditched it for a slimmer single tuckable clip across the trigger guard mounted on top the wing claw.The holster is molded for the wide clip, and while it prints so much less without the clip and isn't as bulky anymore, I still do not like the bulky protrusion that is molded into it. It also hinders the tuckability of the holster now.My question is it as simple as taking a dremel and removing it? I would only be cutting around the rectangle leaving as much of the holster material as possible just to take away the bulge. I'm assuming this won't be a problem as there are holsters that exist that only cover the trigger guard, but any advice would be appreciated.Pics for reference P.S. in the last photo, thats my homemade wedge made out of velcro, duct tape, and an old cut up shoe insert. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2r9GkgE

No comments:

Post a Comment