Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Beltman belt review: A rookies perspective.


So I’m not very new to the gun game, or even the handgun game for that matter however I am new to the holster and belt game, as well as most other aspects of CCW. I decided I wanted to AIWB my CZ P-01 (fantastic gun) so I got a vedder lighttuk and ordered a Beltman reinforced horsehide belt. Well the holster came about three weeks before the belt. In that time I messed around with some leather belts that I already owned, some cheap some expensive, but none very stiff except for one old gun belt I had that was too short for me. Honestly those three weeks sucked, carrying the gun was not awfully comfortable, especially while sitting or moving in and out of a vehicle or from sitting to standing. It shifted around a lot, I had to cinch my belt so tightly around my waist in order for me to feel confident the gun wasn’t going to move around on me. I was honestly kind of dreading clipping the holster to my belt the times I wanted to take it with me. I was considering changing the gun to maybe 4:30 or 3:00 but I liked the way it concealed right up front for me so I decided to to tough it out until my Beltman came. Well fine folk, all that has changed 4 days ago when I received my Beltman belt. Firstly I’ll start off by saying David (the owner along with his wife whose name I do not know as all my interactions have been with David) is great, and his customer service is top notch. Knowing the people making the belts are good honest and hard working makes spending more than $100 on a belt a little more palatable for me. Secondly the belt is beautiful, the leather is high quality, the stitching is perfect, it’s easy to tell this is a well made piece; one that should have no issue lasting many many years, again making the price more bearable. Thirdly, holy crap is this how a belt is supposed to feel? Why have I been keeping my pants held up with these limp leather noodles for so long? The thing does its job perfectly. Even without a gun strapped to it I plan on wearing this thing, it’s just so much better than a regular belt. The why is hard for me to really explain, but I’ll give it a shot. The main difference between this belt and any other I’ve use is the stiffness for sure. Because the belt is so stiff, it is able to carry the weight of your pants and gun on top of you hips. This means the belt does not have to be tightened as much to keep the gun in place, as the weight is being carried laterally on both illiac crests (hip bones). This also means there’s no more sagging of the gun up front, as the weight doesn’t even feel to be where the gun is, the weight like I said before is situated on the sides of my body over my hips and spread evenly between, which is fantastic. I would say I’ve you’ve never tried a very stiff leather belt for carrying you should go for it, and if you don’t mind spending the money, I’d highly recommend The Beltman, in my mind this belt was worth every penny spent and I know I’ll be saying that years later. Keep in mind though, this is the one of the only actual purpose built gun belts that I’ve tried (besides a stiff yet very short one), the rest were simply your run of the mill leather belt. That being said, now that I’ve felt how important a gun belt is, and how big of a difference it makes as far as concealing the gun, and being comfortable while doing so, I would never go back to anything that is less than this, and I would never recommend anyone else do so either. The hype surrounding The Beltman is real people, and I’m happy I got onboard this train. Photos of said belt: https://ift.tt/2KlSMml If you have any specific questions for you feel free to ask! -GatsonCats via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FpHfP6

No comments:

Post a Comment