Monday, April 23, 2018

Concerns with a Steyr M9-A1


Hey guys,I have been carrying for a little over a year now and am looking to move from my G43 to my Steyr M9-A1. It is more firepower, but more importantly, it is a gun I trust. Whereas I have put around 500 rounds through the Glock, I kinda grew up with the Steyr (it was the first gun I bought myself that wasn't a present and I have well north of 5k rounds through it without failure, not sure how many). Accuracy is about twice that as what I have with the Glock in practice and genrally, it just feels like an old friend compared to the Glock.As far as holsters and concealment, I can figure that out... but my main concern is with the trigger pull and how I understand striker-fired pistols work.Basically, I can trust this gun to fire if my life depended on it, but I don't understand how it has such a light trigger pull and clean break compared to a Glock.It has all the same safeties a Glock has. I understand all the mechanics behind those safeties. It is a very reputable company. But the one safety I am concerned with is the fact the FP has to be puled back a certain amount before it is a hard enough strike to fire a pin on a striker-fired and the pull on the Steyr is so clean, short, and crisp... Would it be the same with the Glock after I put as many rounds trough it? Should I trust the Steyr to not shoot mah dick off? Will the FP really not cook a round in the chamber on the Steyr?I have looked into this a bit and everyone say they are GTG...Convince me I can use my old trusty.Also, calling out /u/Artist_x via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Hk4eNy

No comments:

Post a Comment