Monday, April 23, 2018

StealthGear Holster for a large fellow


So I am about 6’1”, around 290lbs. I have been looking into holsters for a while now trying to find the best option for someone my size while waiting for my CCW to arrive. I currently (open) carry a G19 in a OWB holster while at work to get comfortable with having it on me before my license comes. I will carry around 4 o’clock, and in the winter months it would be relatively easy to conceal under a jacket/sweatshirt, but with the warm weather right around the corner, I need something that will be much more concealable and would prefer an IWB.I have heard a lot of great things about StealthGear holsters, but wanted to ask if any of the bigger guys here have any experience with them. They look very comfortable, but before I spend the money on one just to test it out I wanted to get some more feedback from those with experience, or see if there are any other recommendations for a hybrid style kydex holster that conforms a bit better than 100% kydex.A lot of the people I’ve found talking about fat guy carry seem to bring up Sticky holsters or some other generic or “universal” types. And although the Sticky holsters are very comfortable for me, I don’t feel comfortable using one as my go to for EDC.Also, any belt recommendations would be highly appreciated. I’m also not opposed to weight loss recommendations some of you might have that are conducive to a 12hr a day 7 days a week work schedule. Not looking for “just stop being fat, you fatty” advice either. I give that advice to myself in the mirror every morning.Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2HkQXZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment