Thursday, April 26, 2018

Self Defense Weapon?

I really hope it's ok to post this question here. My roommate and I recently moved to a new apartment. It's next to a not so nice part of town but it is a very nice apartment with locked doors and nice people. The issue is, our apartment is on the ground level, where people are right by our window to walk their dogs every day. The good thing is, it's behind the building so people sometimes do glance in our place but it's just the people that live there (and they don't usually mean to, I get it. You see something move or hear sounds and you cant help but to see where theyre coming from), but just to give you an idea of where we are.

I'm a pretty paranoid person, though. I'm a 5 foot 90 lbs girl and my roommate, who isn't here that often to begin with, isn't much bigger. I feel like if someone wanted to break in, they easily could since our window is right there. Some nights I'm ok, but a lot of the times I freak myself out thinking about this and I can't get to sleep.

I don't want a firearm. I have depressive episodes and I just don't think that would be a good idea for me. Is good bedside weapon to use as a 90 lbs girl who has the muscle strength of a goldfish? Are there more security measures I could take in case of a break in?



Submitted April 26, 2018 at 01:27PM by devil-wears-converse https://ift.tt/2HZqLQJ

No comments:

Post a Comment