Monday, April 23, 2018

Just returned my alien gear shapeshift holster


I ordered the alien gear shapeshift holster for my gen 4 glock 19 a few weeks back . I liked the idea of a modular design, four holsters in one for about $100 ($111 with shipping). But as soon as I opened the box I could tell I wasn't going to be impressed. I started with the appendix carry since its my main way I carry. I had already seen a video or two so putting it together was simple. But as soon as I tried it on I hated it, it has no wing and very obviously prints. So already in my head im thinking well maybe I just won't use this one and I'll use my old one. Which kind of defeats the entire purpose I bought the set but I tried to remain positive and try the other holsters. OWB paddle was the next set up I tried and was immediately disappointed again, the alien clip just sits uncomfortably and never full claps down hard enough, no matter how hard I tighten my belt. So it moves a lot when holstering and unholstering. The thumb release was extremely stiff, but could easily be loosened up with time and wd40 but i wasn't very interested after that. I tried a carrying with the different set ups for just a couple more days and did some more research on other holster options. After I decided I didn't like it and wanted to return it I got in contact with their customer support. They just make you fill out a form (which you print and fill out and place inside the box) and mail back the holster kit. They do not pay for your shipping, since I was told they are "buying it back from me". So when I all comes down to it I spent a couple dollars to test out a holster kit I didn't like. Lesson learned, research research research before you buy. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KabehK

No comments:

Post a Comment