Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Carry Spray


it's been roughly 15 years since I've even momentarily considered drawing on anyone. I carry all day, every day.Last week, a reasonably clean, normal looking 40-something guy had an episode in my suburban SoCal supermarket. My wife and I were in opposite corners of the store when he acted out. I was close to him. He began screaming and cursing, explicitly and repeatedly threatening to kill everyone in the market. The store is roughly 20,000 square feet, and everyone in it could hear him. Not knowing where my wife was, I stayed close to him, and palmed my keychain size Sabre Red. Another guy, perhaps 75 years old, was also obviously locked on and closing. It was clear that the crazy man noticed us, and worked his way to the front of the market, continuously screaming that he was going to kill everyone. He stepped in close to a couple of people and glared at them nose to nose, but he never showed a weapon, and never hit anyone. I called 911, and followed him out and halfway across the parking lot.When he started screaming, I thought he was having a bad day, off his meds, no big deal. When he started promising to slit all our throats, I had to consider the possibility I might have to do something to him. Given that he had only verbally expressed intent and given a few people crazy mad-dog faces, drawing didn't seem appropriate, but I sure was glad I had that spray. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2HJNgvo

No comments:

Post a Comment