Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Came close to an ND just now


This is the closest I've ever come to an ND, so I wanted to share. Hopefully it helps someone avoid an ND, or at least serves as a reminder to never stop paying complete attention.So I was going to the bathroom. I carry a P-07 AIWB, decocker only. It's decocked to half-cock. My pants were around my ankles, with my pistol grip leaning back into my pants. I stood up and went to pull my pants up. Usually I put my right hand (I'm right handed) on my gun to keep it vertical, otherwise it gets caught on things. I guess I only ever pulled my pants up with my left hand, just using my right hand to guide the gun. Well, today I decided to pull with both hands. My pistol came out of the holster and my finger entered the trigger guard. Adrenaline went flying. As soon as I felt contact with the trigger, my immediate reaction was to get my finger out of there. I can't tell if I applied any pressure, but it was way too close for comfort.So, a couple of lessons I learned:Just don't touch any part of the gun. If you have to adjust your holster, grab the holster.I was thinking about getting some work done on the gun, which would lighten the DA pull. Now I'm happy that the DA pull is so heavy and I will be keeping it that way. Since I don't carry with a manual safety, the DA is supposed to function as a safety.Check your holster retention. It may loosen up with time.We truly are most vulnerable when taking a shit. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2EgnqJB

No comments:

Post a Comment