Friday, October 20, 2017

[scenario] Did I do the wrong thing here?


After seeing yesterdays post regarding gun etiquette in stores, I have a question regarding a recent situation I was in recently when I went to a new gun store, and whether I was in the wrong. I walked in to the gun store to look for a few items my regular store didnt sell, a holster for a glock 26 (which I was open carrying on my hip) that would fit with a Streamlight slr-6 I am also looking at purchasing also and attaching, and I wanted a set of Tru Glo TFX pro's.After talking with one of the sales people I learned that they didn't have any holsters that would fit the SLR-6, and I looked at their price they wouldn't budge on for the SLR-6 and it was 25 above amazon's price. They did however have a reduced price on the Tru Glo sights, offered free installation right there, plus there was a 20$ rebate, so I purchased the sight's.My problem begins here: As I was checking out, a different shop employee rang me up than the one who I had talked to, and he was the one who was going to install the sights. The female employee who rang me up asked for the weapon. I told her it was on me, she said "ok". I pulled it a inch upwards out of the holster (not fully drawn), pop the mag, very clearly put it in my other pocket. I then pull the gun straight up, still danger end down, and bring it in front of me to pop the one in the chamber out, that's right, OUT not OFF. At this point her eyes are as big as the fucking moon when I look up, and her voice stress level shot up as she said "put that away now! no loaded guns, you have to do that outside". I go outside, pop the round out, lock it back, hand it to her, they install the sights, I go home no problem. In this state, its not illegal to have a loaded gun in a gun store, and in the other gun stores I have been in, this has never been an issue.I actually asked the owner of the first gun store I regularly went to, how to unholster back when I used to go to his store and this is what he taught me. Was this wrong?I just want to know because when her eyes got big and her voice shot up like 2 octaves, a couple of other customers shot me sideways glances because of how she raised her voice. I dont think I am going back to that gun shop any more, and am now unloading my weapon in my car when having work done, but I want opinions on what you guys think, so I made this throwaway. How do you go about carrying in gun shops, and unloading weapons?EDIT TLDR: How would you unholster a weapon in a gun store? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2yGf2DW

No comments:

Post a Comment