Sunday, October 29, 2017

Ultimate Holsters Review


Recently I got the chance to try out several products from Ultimate Holsters. I am in no way affiliated with the company and am here to share my personal opinion since I don't see much about them on the sub.Ultimate Holsters: Cloud tuck beltless IWB hybrid Ruger LC9sThis hybrid holster utilizes the fabri clip. I spend a lot of time in workout clothing, traveling to and from the gym. I do not wear a belt with these clothes and thought this might be a better alternative to pocket carrying my Ruger LC9s in a remora.The clip slides over your pants and you just snap it down. It will stay in place until you purposefully try to take it off. It is pretty hard to get off when you are trying. It has always stayed on my pants in the hundred or more draws I have done from it. I think, over time, it will rip your pants before it comes off. Simply, this holster will stay wherever you clip it.The kydex front completely covers the trigger guard. There is a small gap in trigger guard coverage on the back of the holster, it is so small that I cannot fit my pinky in it. This is a none issue for me.The retention of the holster when it is off body is not great even with the screws tightened all the way. You can flip the holster upside down and give it just a slight shake and it will fall out. When you are wearing the holster it has plenty of retention with the added pressure from your body. The spacers could be changed to a smaller ones, which would solve this issue easily.On the body side, it utilizes a silver infused soft backing. This makes the holster incredibly comfortable. The silver is used for anti microbial purposes. I am an ICU nurse and we use a similar silver cloth to help treat and reduce the spread of fungal infections. A thick piece of leather is sewn to the back, adding enough rigidity and support for your gun.I will continue to carry in this holster.Ultimate Holsters: Cloud tuck hybrid HK VP9This hybrid holster has excellent retention. It utilizes the same silver infused soft backing. It is more comfortable than my stealthgear ventcore, stealth gear revolution, and crossbreed super tuck. The HK VP9 is a fairly large framed gun, but it conceals just as well in this holster for me as my glock 19 in the stealth gear ventcore.The trigger coverage is an issue for this holster. The front kydex side completely covers the trigger. On the body side, there is a gap large enough for me to reach the trigger with my index finger. I am not to concerned with this since it is pressed against my body while holstered.This holster utilizes the steel clips, which I hate. They are hard to get on and off. They also are easily bent to a point that would render them useless. I will likely replace the clips with some polymer ones.Ultimate Holsters: Low profile OWB belt holster HK VP9I love this holster. It rides tight to the body. I adjusted the belt loops so that it rides a little higher and now it conceals well enough for me. There is an obvious bulge on my hip, but it doesn't look like a gun. The retention is excellent, I can hold it upside down and shake it as hard as I can and its not going anywhere. Yet, it draws smoothly. The trigger is completely covered on both sides. OWB is obviously more comfortable.IWB Magazine carriersSingle stack and double stack mag carriers have plenty of retention to keep your spare in place. It utilizes the standard polymer clip you find on most kydex iwb holster. They have the same silver infused soft backing over leather, making them very comfortable carry. Even with the large backing, you can get a full indexed grip on the magazine for a quick reload.http://ift.tt/2xxXk22 via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zZBYw8

No comments:

Post a Comment