Monday, October 30, 2017

Laziness put me in a bad situation

On mobile, so sorry for any weird formatting errors.

Something happened to me last night that makes me question if I could've almost been a victim of carjacking or mugging or something, and I want to know what I can do in the future to avoid this situation or react to it properly.

Last night I went with my fiancé (I'm a woman) to the grocery store around midnight to pick up some beer. I was too lazy to change from pajamas to regular clothes, so I stayed in the car while he went inside. I think this is something I will no longer do. While he was inside getting the beer, I knew I was in a riskier environment than normal, so I kept awareness of my surroundings. I got bored, though, so I started surfing through Reddit in my phone. The key was in the ignition, doors were locked.

A couple minutes later, this gold sedan-looking car (I have absolutely no knowledge of car makes and models) swiftly approaches our car from the other side of the parking lot, and before I know it, he stops right in front of my passenger door. Something in me just knew this wasn't right. He crossed an entire parking lot to get to me, and he was driving way too fast.

I backed out of Reddit on my phone and switched to recent calls in preparation to call my fiancé and tell him to get the frick out here. In those few seconds the two possible plans I had formulated (in case any shit went down) were 1) Try to bolt out my passenger door and just run for it 2) Clamber into the driver's seat and get the hell away.

I have no idea what prompted what happened next, but after those few seconds as the driver just sat there looking at me and I at him, he suddenly sped off really fast and careened out of the parking lot. Never even put his car in park.

Maybe he thought I was his potential drug dealer, or he was casing me out for some unsavory action, or he just suddenly decided he didn't want to go to the grocery store anymore.

Thankfully my fiancé came out right after that. And thankfully this story wasn't anymore "exciting" than that, but I'm just wondering what the best thing to do would have been if it had turned ugly. I mean, obviously, don't sit alone in a parking lot late at night.



Submitted October 30, 2017 at 02:54PM by idkyetreally http://ift.tt/2gOP1Iz

No comments:

Post a Comment