Friday, October 20, 2017

Anyone else carry on a non-resident permit? (Also some thoughts)


Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else here carries in their home state on another state's non-resident permit which shares reciprocity. I live in Texas, and I've been carrying on an Arizona permit for about a year now (11 months actually). I only got it because it was both simpler and cheaper at the time, but now that our permit is only a $40 fee I feel pretty silly.Some thoughts I've had in my year of carrying a firearm:1) Nobody notices. I wear form fitting clothing which makes it easy for me to print. I even recently began carrying at school when the new law went into affect and still haven't been spotted as far as I know. People are glued to their phones these days.2) Situational awareness is infinitely more powerful as a tool than any gun could ever be. I have had exactly one semi-dangerous situation, but I was not involved, just a bystander. Situational awareness was seriously the number one tool to have there, I cannot stress that enough, guys... I see that said on this forum a lot but it cannot be emphasized enough. Don't let yourself be caught in a situation where you need to shoot, if you can help it.3)My driving has improved. I haven't been pulled over once since carrying and I don't flip off bad drivers anymore.So I would love to know if anyone here in Texas or any other state carries on a non-resident permit and how you have experienced life since carrying? What has changed? What stayed the same? What surprised you? Thanks for reading. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2xUNoUx

No comments:

Post a Comment