Saturday, March 18, 2017

Raven Concelment Vanguard 2 review


I did a search and didn't see too much in the way of reviews for this holster so I thought I'd give my thoughts on it.I've been carrying it about 3 weeks with my Glock 30s and I can say I'm overall pretty happy with it. The retention on the trigger is very solid, no wiggle at all. I tried it on my Glock 17 first and did notice a little movement but the retention was still solid. My model has the "Pull the dot" snap loop on it. It initially was VERY difficult to snap and unsnap, but after playing with it for a while it became easier while still maintaining a secure level of friction.I know this is primarily an AIWB holster, but I wear mine at the 3 o'clock position. The holster holds the grip of my pistol tucked close to my body and really provides a good level of concealment. I was having issues concealing my 30S before, but this little holster makes it so much better. I've carried it everywhere I legally can. While getting in and out of my truck and wife's small car, walking around various stores, and other daily activities, I haven't experienced any shift on position forward or back and the cant stays pretty consistent where I like it.As far as comfort, it's not bad. Even while carrying a relatively thick pistol I can still drive and sit with as much comfort as can be expected. I can still feel it, but it isn't annoying at all. I wish it had a sweat shield to disperse the pressure on my side a little but that's more an effect of my slightly large gut. I wear an undershirt and it doesn't bother me too much.I don't have much to say that's negative about it, except one little issue. While my pistol is well concealed and doesn't print at all, I have had an issue with the snap loop really printing badly in a t-shirt . This may be reduced if I used the hook attachment instead. I wear it at 3 o'clock as I said before and I'm sure if I wore it AIWB it wouldn't be an issue. As long as I wear a button up shirt over my t-shirt it conceals fine so it isn't a deal breaker.All in all I'm very happy with it, and recommend it to anyone looking for a minimalist style holster. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2mEgnl1

No comments:

Post a Comment