Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Pulled over while armed


Got pulled over on St. Patty's day (license plate illumination bulb out), they were obviously just trolling for drunks.Pulled over, rolled the window down and turned off the ignition. Hands on the wheel when he approached.He told me why he pulled me over and asked for my license. I verbally informed the officer I was going to reach into my pocket to get my wallet. I handed him my license and my concealed weapons permit. No duty to inform in my state, but the local sheriff told me he really appreciates people informing. Officer asked if I was carrying and I said yes and told him where. He thanked me and told me just not to reach for it.I went about telling him I had to reach into my glove box to get my registration, etc. After he returned from his vehicle and returned my documents he sent me on my way, no fix-it ticket or anything.Super relaxed interaction.My area tends to have lots of guns, but nevertheless I always think it's a good idea to communicate your actions very clearly and give the cop every opportunity to feel and be safe. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nOvI4i

No comments:

Post a Comment