Thursday, March 2, 2017

Just about shit myself tonight (near ND)


Came a lot closer than I'd like to admit to having a negligent discharge tonight. My new Talon Grips came in today and I was excited to get home and put them on my FNS. As I sit down to begin the install I pull out the instruction sheet which starts with something along the lines of MAKE SURE WEAPON IS UNLOADED AND CLEARED FOR SAFE INSTALLATION and think to myself "Yeah, no shit... can't believe they actually have to put that on there." So I drop the magazine, set it aside and proceeded to taking the slide off. Then I decide that I wanted a before picture to compare with. So, I put the slide back on and pop the loaded magazine back in. Snap my picture real quick and then begin to disassemble the gun once again. As I'm about to remove the slide (which requires a half trigger pull) I set the gun down immediate and say out loud "Oh my God." The wife looks over at me and asks what's wrong. I kinda just stared at the gun sitting on the table for a few seconds and replied "Nothing, just forgot something." To which she says in a joking manner "What, did you forget to unload it or something?" -__- I picked up the gun, dropped the magazine, UNLOADED the magazine, put the rounds in the other room, safely disassembled the gun and put on my new grip. I was, however, smart enough to keep the gun pointed safely away from myself or anyone else. So I guess I had that going for me.Just posting this to beat the dead horse of ALWAYS PAYING ATTENTION... I'm always reading about NDs and can't believe how careless people can be with their firearms. And now here I am with my foot in my mouth.Really digging the grip, by the way. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2m1ceeb

No comments:

Post a Comment