Sunday, September 4, 2016

Your self-defense(or near miss) story


Thought this may be an interesting topic. Hopefully I never have to shoot in self defense but I'm wondering if anyone here has or felt the situation they were in was heading that way. When I was 18 I took my girlfriend(now fiancé) to a haunted house she had been begging to go to. It was in a not so great neighborhood and I wasn't carrying because legally I couldn't and we were going into a "theater" so even if I was Michigan law would have prevented it. While standing in line at 5pm 5 men approached us telling us that they actual entrance was around the corner. I told them we were waiting for some people but they continued to pressure us. I knew there was an alley around the corner and one guy even went so far as to push me in that direction. At this point they had us surrounded...the people in line offered no help and the men attempted to force us to the alley. I grabbed my fiancé and told her as we walk to turn left and run to the truck. They continued pushing us toward the alley and I told her to run and call 911 while I pretended to drop my pack of gum. She made it into the truck and I followed behind her. We both made it out but the city had no PD so the local sheriff took the call. They didn't respond since no actual crime took place....as we drove away there was a cop parked up the street who didn't seem at all interested. I'm glad nothing happened but it really opened my eyes up to the need for reform in self defense laws. After all the only thing the law did was unarm me. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bQZZvl

No comments:

Post a Comment