Sunday, September 4, 2016

When I mention that I carry a full frame steel pistol, I usually get a couple of "WTF?" questions.


I'm wholeheartedly of the opinion that you should carry what you're comfortable with. I may chuckle with I see complaints about a G19 printing or similar, but it's your sidearm and your choice.My choice is a CZ 75 SP-01. It's about 3.5 pounds fully loaded (18+1). Before I managed to find it, I carried a pre B 75. Similar weight but less bulky. I like the capacity, I have the equipment to carry it (IWB), and it fits comfortably in my large hands. It was comfortable to fire from the very first magazine.Georgia summers generally suck in my opinion. Lots of 90+ heat and high humidity. I've been watching my back yard turn into a jungle for a while. Bright sun and hot as hell? Nope. Not doing it.Today, the stars aligned. One of the inlaws gave me a weedeater. The temp was only in the 80's so I set about reclaiming my back yard. I knocked down all the weeds that were four feet tall or more, and I mowed it three times to get the length right.Before the inlaws came over, I holstered up since they don't care much for firearms, and mine is usually close at hand (out in the open) when I'm not dressed to leave the house. After all of the yard work, I came inside and started to undress to take a shower. I realized that I was still carrying.Guess my point is, you can get used to just about anything. It never occurred to my to disarm myself, and I never noticed any ill effects of carrying while sweating my ass off behind a mower. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2c4DKSG

No comments:

Post a Comment