Friday, September 9, 2016

Got spotted by my little cousin - got to talk to her about why I carry


Last weekend I was at a family function at my uncle's house. Gradma's birthday. Good food, good family, good times.At any rate, I was bending over for... something, can't remember. And the butt of my 4 o'clock Walther PPQ was apparently causing a sharp bump on my shirt. Normally I bend at the knees, especially out in public - even though I don't particularly care much about printing or bulging given that people don't generally pay attention and that I'm in Texas.At any rate, my pre-teen cousin asked me what the shape was and I told her it was my gun. (With the exception of 2, every adult over the age of 21 in my family has a CHL anyways, and I'm one of the few males who didn't go military - we even have a cop in the family.) She looked a little surprised that I had a gun and asked me why I had it. So I got to have a short little conversation about why I carry one. Gave her the standard stuff, bad things happen, be prepared, cops aren't always around, and whatnot. Given the nature of our friendship she bought into it pretty quickly.Later in the evening she asked if I would take her to the range. :-DSo sometime this year I'll be taking my little cousin to the range and breaking her in with my .22s! Probably will turn it into an early Christmas present or something. I'm quite excited. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ccFW8w

No comments:

Post a Comment