Sunday, September 4, 2016

Another "why you should always" carry anecdote


I just had a situation that really drove home the point of why you should always carry if you are going to carry.I ran out at Walmart tonight picking up some things and didn't bring my ccw since I was in a rush to get to the store before it closed. I got to the store, split off from my wife, and went to the back corner of the store to go look at automotive stuff and sporting goods. While I was looking for some windshield wiper blades, I heard a group of guys talking loudly/shouting to each other an aisle or two away. This was a bit annoying but I kept looking for some wipers. I then heard them start knocking shit over and start to walk by my aisle. I noticed they were all wearing some MC jackets. So at this point, I was a bit spooked as I was basically cornered in the store by 5 guys who were acting in a fairly intimidating manner a few minutes before stores closed. Instinctively I reached down to check for my CCW and it wasn't there. Thankfully they kept walking and it was a non-issue and they ultimately ended up at the service desk arguing with the manager when I very quickly checked out.I was a bit spooked, and was amazed how quickly things went from normal to scary and there wasn't much I could have done since I didn't have a good escape route and I was outnumbered. This really drove home to me that I should really carry every time, and also carrying an extra magazine may not be the worst idea, especially with a single stack.(After rereading, my story almost sounds a bit pathetic, but at the time is was quite scary) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2clo7Ey

No comments:

Post a Comment