Monday, July 10, 2023

What can I do in these types of confrontations?

Earlier today, I had a guy threaten and scream at me outside and inside a subway because I happened to park a little close to his car. After insulting me outside, he started pulling out, about to drive off before he decided he wanted to walk in and continue his abuse in front of three literal kids (not mine) and the workers, telling me I needed to respect him and that he wasn’t playing around, fists clenched and eyes staring me down.

I thought I was going to have to fight him from the way he was acting. He started screaming “wtf did you just say?” I responded with “what are you talking about” and “I didn’t say shit to you” (he thought I had said something to him as he was driving off; I didn’t). He yells at me for a few more seconds before leaving. As frustrating as that was, I let him rant his heart out, got my food and left. I was honestly expecting him to be waiting outside with how mad he was.

If he did decide to charge at me and start throwing hands, what would have been the proper way to handle that? Guy was slightly taller than me with a thicker build, but seemed like he was in his late 40’s or early 50’s. Not sure if that’s a factor in anything, assuming he was just a street thug and not a trained fighter. I’m in my 20’s with no real training as well



Submitted July 10, 2023 at 06:58AM by TrickTi https://ift.tt/FcZuoxS

No comments:

Post a Comment