Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Safety early morning and late night-

I'm in a large city in the US with over 1.5 million people populating the area. I recently totaled my car and won't be getting a new one due to cost. With that being said, my only options now are bus, bike, walking, and Uber.

I just read a post on Reddit about a man and his wife being held at gunpoint and being made to surrender their phones and wallets AND strip down into their underwear. This has reminded me I may be on foot in various areas of the city in early morning and at night alone, walking to a bus stop or to a bicycle, or getting into a strangers car on Uber.

I am out of shape and scared of how I can keep myself safe. I have pepper spray but that is all, and I don't know how to make sure I can react quickly enough to use it if needed.

Any advice on how an overweight asthmatic who is new to being on foot can start building a foundation of remaining safe and aware?



Submitted July 27, 2023 at 12:53AM by mariagoestransient https://ift.tt/BAxUoc5

No comments:

Post a Comment