Monday, July 31, 2023

Thoughts on "looked like you wanted to hurt him"?

I'm referring to when you defend yourself in a physical altercation and you still get blamed for it because "it looked like you wanted to hurt him."

It happened to me a couple years ago and I'm still upset about it.

Why is it a thing? How is it anything other than a convenient excuse to victim-blame someone?

Somebody please explain to me why it matters that I enjoyed fighting a dude off when he was throwing a tantrum and aggressively getting in my space first?

Yes, I enjoyed it. I wanted him to give me the greenlight. But it was one punch. I didn't beat the hell out of him. I didn't follow him or reescalate when he walked away.

He was upset with me because he wanted work materials I was using and thought he got to try to take them by force. He tried and immediately found out why he shouldn't.

Why did I have to pay $300 out of pocket and given conditional release for a year for wanting to teach this punk some manners and doing it lawfully?



Submitted August 01, 2023 at 12:37AM by AndNowImOnFire https://ift.tt/Itswcgr

No comments:

Post a Comment