Saturday, July 15, 2023

How can I defend myself in these situations?

Hi everyone, today I was going to the supermarket and suddenly a guy stepped into my way and asked me if I could stop for a second. I told him I was in a hurry because he seemed really strange. After that he came closer to my face and started shouting at me, telling me he would break my face if I didn’t answer. He was really aggressive, probably took some kind of drug, because he was clearly agitated. I was alone on the street, I am a skinny guy basically, and I was sure he was going to kick me. So I said to him “ok, just calm down, I’ll listen”. He did calm down but then he said I had to give him money because he had to take a train and someone had stolen his wallet and he was desperate. I was petrified and I just wanted to be safe and go away, so I just gave him the money he asked for (50 euros). He then insisted on giving me his phone number so that I could have my money back later, but I didn’t want to take my phone out (I thought he might steal it from me) so I just gave him my telephone number (I know, stupidest thing ever, I don’t know what I was thinking) and he wanted to hug me and thank me. I just told him he cannot threaten people like this and he said he was sorry. Later, I called the police (they couldn’t do anything, of course). I wanted to ask you: what can I do if I’m not physically equipped to defend myself? How should I respond to such people? I feel so stupid and weak.

PS sorry for my English, I’m not a native speaker.



Submitted July 15, 2023 at 02:12PM by Southern_Season_5699 https://ift.tt/eBT7xPF

No comments:

Post a Comment