Wednesday, July 5, 2023

NJ CCW: qualification vs training requirement


Finished qualification and secured references, so I am trying to make sure I cover all my bases before applying.For NJ CCW it was my (potentially mistaken) belief that I only needed to qualify with each firearm I intend to carry. Is a training course a statutory requirement? If so, does anyone have a citation to the statutory requirements? The business I used for qualification has extensive, and frequently updated requirements on their web site (they were on top of the injunctions within 24 hours), which appears to frame training as not mandatory. However, I have heard otherwise. Obviously I don't want to rely on this and get a rejection, which I will need to explain in perpetuity.Sorry for the stupid question. Whereas I would normally just google it, things appear to be changing at light speed in the state... Thanks in advance!...and before you say it NO I CAN'T MOVE TO A FREE STATE AT THE MOMENT lol!!!! *ducks behind couch to avoid thrown bottles* via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/YGSmXi7

No comments:

Post a Comment