Wednesday, July 5, 2023

How long can pepper spray "stay" on the hands?

An hour ago I was testing my pepper spray canister. Nothing was wrong at first - I didn't get it in my eyes or anything. However, about ten minutes after testing the spray, I rubbed my nose with my hand and felt a slight burning in my nostrils that persisted for a minute or two.

Looking back, I realised that my hand(s) likely came into contact with the pepper spray nozzle while I was setting it aside. My hands did not feel irritated in any way (and until now they still don't feel irritated), so I didn't realise this.

Googling around led me to the Missouri Poison Center. I followed their advice and have washed my hands at least seven times with soap and warm water, and after that I changed my clothes.

Would this have been enough to get all of the pepper spray out of my hands? How long must I wait to ensure the pepper spray is fully out? I'm trying to not touch too many things for fear of contamination. Thank you!

TLDR: probably got pepper spray on my hands, only realised it when I rubbed my nose and it burned a little bit, washed my hands many times with soap and warm water, and am wondering when it is safe to use my hands normally again. Please let me know if this is the wrong subreddit and if there are others I should be posting this on. Thank you



Submitted July 05, 2023 at 04:41AM by fleeingflying https://ift.tt/F2WtuqQ

No comments:

Post a Comment